Friday 21 September 2012

Just keep Swimming.

So it's been a while. It's been a crazy month. I feel like I have so much to say and yet no words. So i'll try anyway. :)

It's September and that means the start of school for the kiddos. K started a couple weeks ago and it was going well until she was out sick for a few days getting the rest of the house sick. This nasty flu/cold thingamajig kept A from missing his first week of school and kept us all cranky once we got it. I'm slowly recovering myself :) But the kids are looking up which is good! K is excelling in school, she's ahead of all her classmates in many areas and was the first student to open the teacher's treasure box for completing a booklet. When I saw her coming off the bus with her prize, i jumped up and down and hollered a "Woo-Hoo". Needless to say, the bus maiden thinks i'm nuts, but my girl knows i'm proud. That's what matters, right?

I'm sure a lot of you are curious about how things are with the events of last week. If you don't know what i'm talking about, the American Embassy in Cairo was attacked by protesters and a flag was torn down and burned. That same week Americans were killed at a consulate in Libya, and several other embassies were attacked all over the Arab world. Seeing as I live in Cairo it causes many of us to stop and question what it's like. Honestly, things don't feel much different than before. Vague threats from Obama, even more vague responses from Morsi. But i'm in no immediate danger. No more than I was when I first came. At this particular moment i'm still here. It could change, but now i'm here.

Things I'm looking forward to:
The chance of rain i just heard about- how weird would that be? :)
This weird alignment of planets over the Pyramids at the end of the month that only happens every few thousand years- if it can be seen through the smog.
A starting pre-school! He's going to be slightly traumatized by being left there, but i think he'll love it and thrive once he's comfortable.
My boss is trying to snag me a copy of one the top selling books in the middle east right now. It's about the Revolution and is completely out of stock. Her friend is the author and is looking around. If not, it's on Amazon, but a hard copy from the author would be cool!


I've been busy, sick, tired, happy, confused, homesick, and loved over the past couple weeks. All I know, no matter what, I am thankful. God is good no matter what. It may seem bad, or scary, or inconvenient, but He provides my daily bread in every form. I can't complain. I trust Him and I'll follow Him no matter what that plan may be. Pray for me in that, please.

God Bless,
Amanda

1 comment: