Thursday 23 August 2012

Life is..?

Things I could probably live without:

-The lizards I find all over my room- including in my bed.

-The cockroach we killed in the living room.

-Not knowing what people are saying 90% of the time.

-Having to be driven around, rather than driving myself.

-Sweating from just sitting outside.

-Having to brush my teeth with bottled water because my stomach still gets queasy.

-Cleaning nail polish off my 2 yr olds hands.

Things I love:

-When a little boy comes running Into the room saying, "Danuh! Danuh! Pee pee hamem! Good boy!" after he successfully used the toilet ;)

-Looking through my photos with K and telling her all about each person and event.

-Laughing with my boss. We have some really great moments.

-Baskin Robins ice cream and Egyptian cuisine together.

-A behavior chart that ends the day with a perfect score(for the kids, not me ;))

-Finding a hundred pictures of K in the same pose on my phone.

-Dance parties with balloons.

-Long talks with old friends despite the distance.

-The endless possibilities of my future :)


Life is crazy. Lots of love and laughter. Lots of sadness and heartache. Endless Ups and downs. But my faith is strong and my heart is full of hope.

Life is Good.

3 comments:

  1. I could've pretty much written your first list in Cambodia. I'm so proud of you!! Hang in there, friend! You and God make an awesome team! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit we have been stalking your blog....patiently waiting for you to post so that we peek into your daily life. We are so proud of you and the woman you are becoming. Love Uncle David & Aunt Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today...I will be reading it more often...I have a question for you...How did you get into this? Such a cool experience to have!!

    ReplyDelete